20 Feb 2012

Judge Harassed Witness During Underwear Bomber Trial: Kurt Haskell Reports


"During the sentencing of the underwear bomber, I was allowed to speak as a victim. All four other passengers spoke before me, and all were treated with respect and allowed to speak without comment or being judged.

When it was my time to speak, instead of simply calling me to the podium, you instead stated "Ms. Haskell, do you have anything to add besides what Mr. Haskell just stated about his government conspiracy theories?" I was floored. I was there, as a victim, someone who almost died in a terrorist attack, and you were talking to me like I was some kind of secondary citizen/criminal, completely *judging* me before I had said a word. I sat in your courtroom through all the other hearings and was never anything but respectful to the court and the judicial system. Throughout the entire proceedings, you treated the Defendant and everyone involved with nothing but respect, and until yesterday, I thought you were great during the proceedings in keeping level headed and being fair." 



Source