1 Jul 2012

North Korean film exposes Western propaganda - Sabine (Part 6)


Here is the formal statement I gave to Police on 16 June, 2012: On a trip to visit family in Seoul in April, I was approached by a man and a woman who claimed to be North Korean defectors. They requested a meeting the following day to hand over a film that needed to be translated, and I agreed to meet with them. They presented me with a DVD disc that recently came into their possession via the recent arrival of a defector into their group. They asked me to translate the film and "make sure the world saw it" and an agreement was made to protect their identities (and mine). Despite my concerns about what I was viewing when I returned home, I proceeded to translate and post the film on You Tube because of the film's extraordinary content. I have made public my belief that this film was never intended for a domestic audience in the DPRK. Instead, I believe the 'defectors' specifically targeted me because of my reputation as a translator and interpreter. Furthermore, I now believe these people work for the DPRK. The fact that I have continued to translate and post the film in spite of this belief does not make me complicit in their intention to spread their ideology. I chose to keep posting this film because - regardless of who made it - I believe people should see it for the issues it raises, and I stand by my right to keep sharing and discussing this film. Sabine Parts 1 to 5>
Source







No comments:

Post a Comment