26 Aug 2012

Rumi - This is all a dream - Duncan Mackintosh

 Morris: Duncan Mackintosh is Britain's best reciter of Rumi! Rumi said he wasn't interested in poetry


Even someone who hasn't lost a camel, who doesn't even own a camel gets in on the excitement
"Yes I've lost my camel too"
"A big reward for whoever finds it"
He says this to be part owner of your camel when you find it.
If you say to someone's helpful suggestion, "No I don't think so"
The imitator says the same thing immediately: "No I don't think so either"

When good information comes - you know it right away
it is medicine to you - it brings colour to your face
strength to your body, your eyes brighten, your feet get lively and agile
You say thank you my friend - this truth you give me is like freedom to me
Please go in front and you be the leader
You have the scent of my camel better than I do

But the imitator does not feel the intensity of these clues. Source