8 Feb 2013

Why I'm No Longer a Feminist

Byenia: Talking this afternoon on why I no longer refer to myself as a feminist (as of 2009 approximately) and what past involvement in the feminist movement ultimately taught me about it.

The quote referenced came from Emily Bronte: "The tyrant grinds down his slaves and they don't turn against him; they crush those beneath them."

Erich Fromm, a 20-century German-born American psychoanalyst, had much to say about freedom and destructiveness, spanning several books, and a short synopsis of his theories and writings can be found here: http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/fromm...

I also referenced the Atheism+ forums as providing examples of ludicrous censorship upheld by the radical feminist community. Google it if you feel so inclined. Source


banzai7

No comments:

Post a Comment