18 May 2014

Solid And Powdered Alcohol, The Disturbing Truth! + WHITE HOT METAL vs Water!

Thunderf00t: The majority of the reporting on powdered alcohol seemed to report this as alchemy. That is there was some magic that could be performed on alcohol that would transform it into 'powdered alcohol' rather than what was actually going on here, which is basically absorbing alcohol on a powdered matrix.




 _____




WHITE HOT METAL vs Water!
Thunderf00t: Yeah, we are writing a paper on it, which is the prime reason why no one will let me put any of the really good video in here. Scientists can be funny like that.... I personally didnt care that much. We've basically got the best footage of this stuff in the world, and plenty of it.

What started with some shitty high speed cameras on the cistern of my toilet a several years ago has escalated into an international and interdisciplinary collaboration.

The sad irony is I actually told periodictablevideos pretty much exactly why they were wrong, and what they should look for over a year ago, and they basically told me to get lost.

Admittedly at the time I didn't tell them that I'm pretty much an expert on the aqueous properties of alkali metals, having published papers on all but rubidium.
But thats the thing with science. Good ideas stand on their merits, not on who's proposing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment