WHAT DOES DATA RETENTION MEAN?
- Telephone records detailing who called who, at what time, for how long and from what location, including mobile phone records detailing precise geographical location
- Email records detailing who emailed who, at what time and from what device
- Internet access records which would allow law enforcement agencies to determine who visited a certain website at what time
- Records which would allow law enforcement agencies to determine what telecommunications equipment (for example, mobile phones or laptops) users are using
- IP address, date of birth, financial and subscription information from social media sites