24 Sept 2015

Amanda Marcotte Is Determined To Make Me Famous. Yay!

By : Amanda Marcotte has once again let her fee-fees decide her actions without really thinking them through
She wrote an article at Slate about the Marie Claire profile of me and the HoneyBadgers, and she is not happy with Jen Oritz at all. Amanda doesn’t wike me! She doesn’t wike Jen Oritz much either. How dare Jen act like a semi-professional journalist and write something reasonably fair and balanced?!?! That bitch!

Intriguingly, and confusingly for us feminists, once you get past the trolling, there are actual not-crazy changes men’s rights activists (MRAs) want to see: prohibiting circumcision of baby boys, domestic abuse aid for male victims, refining paternity rights,” Ortiz writes. This is the only misfire in an excellent piece. There is no core of good intentions underneath the trolling. They’re not fighting for men’s well-being. That’s just the cover story for the real agenda, which is fighting women’s equality and making it impossible to speak out for women without having to withstand a torrent of abuse. The women’s role is to spew the most vile misogyny, because they can hide behind their gender to deny what’s really going on.
Goddammit, which one of you HoneyBadgers gave Amanda the Super Extra Absolutely Hush-Hush Top Secret Club Rules Book?
We don’t really care about our sons, husbands, brothers, fathers, uncles, nephews, friends, and we certainly don’t care about men just ‘cuz they’re human! Lol! Who actually gives a shit about men? What a joke! That’s obviously just a cover story.
What we really want is to open the cultural narrative, allowing commenters to express different opinions and question orthodox feminism and ask for legitimate evidence fight women’s equality and make sure trolls attack anyone speaking out for women with a torrent of abuse. Must have been Karen Straughan. She’s so fake, with her make-up and girly clothing and soft voice.
Oh, wait….
I recall seeing Marie Claire on the magazine rack, and I certainly knew it was a fashion/makeup/culture magazine aimed at women when Jen originally contacted me, but I have not been able to locate a copy in the usual places: the grocery store, the corner store, Walmart. It’s not a very popular magazine.  According to this Wikipedia page, Marie Claire comes 88th on a list of top magazines, with just under a million subscribers, putting it well behind Good Housekeeping (4.3M), Women’s Day (3.3M), O Oprah (2.3M), Cosmopolitan (3M), and Glamour (2.3M).
Amanda, had you just left it alone, it would likely have died in obscurity. But it seems you are determined to make my name known to many, many more people than Marie Claire might have delivered. Slate Magazine has an Alexa ranking of 179, and reaches 8M every month!
Thanks!
I’ll take it.
Now, Amanda might claim that Marie Claire has transitioned to a mostly online publication, and reaches significantly more viewers than magazine sub stats might indicate. Let’s look at MarieClaire.com’s Alexa.
marie claire alexa

Respectable, but nowhere near Slate. And certainly nowhere near the number of people I can reach through my own blog. My Alexa rank:
jb alexa

Now, a word about Alexa page ranks. My Alexa ranking collapsed from around 17K to 88K, where it stands now. This happened to a whole lot of bloggers, who took to Alexa support to complain, but there is no conspiracy here. Alexa changed page rankings as a means of monetizing the platform. The 88K rank is just an ‘estimate’.
estimated
You can get your real page rank by paying Alexa. Ta da! Accomplishment unlocked: platform monetized.
payment

Good job, Amazon!
amazon
I’m not going to pay to get my real rank, because I don’t give a shit. And really, why should I care, when darling dumbass Amanda is going to let me hijack Slate’s numbers? I should send her a thank you card, or something.
The interesting thing is that the Slate article did nothing to boost my page views. As of this morning, there was a small boost in traffic, but it came mostly from /reddit/politics/, and not Slate.
stats
People are coming to read my discussion of separation of church and state, and there is no subject more rife with misogyny than the First Amendment, amirite?
misogyny
The SJW/feminist hugbox is pretty tight, but it appears that no one at Slate gives a shit about Janet Bloomfield or the HoneyBadgers or my site. And that’s fine with me. I’m ultimately not interested in whether feminists approve of me or not, but by linking my name with Slate in Google search engines, Marcotte has given me a legitimacy I would not otherwise have had. ‘Gee, if she’s being written about in Slate, she must be pretty prominent.’ Way to go, retard. Had you just ignored me, Mandy-poo, the Marie Claire article would have faded in a few days, to be replaced with a hundred articles on what eyeliner is best for almond eyes and which perfume is right for riots grrrls and how to make your ass look smaller in those pants that are way too tight. Instead, you just increased my visibility exponentially.
Awwww, muffin….did you fuck up?
This, Amanda, is why you don’t let fee-fees govern actions. People outside your hugbox are not going to take your word as the gospel truth, and you made me sound like such a monster, you likely sparked a whole lot more curiosity about me. ‘Wow’, she sounds terrible, ‘I must check her out. Wait, what’s this? First Amendment? She doesn’t like pedophiles? She supports gay rights? Video games don’t cause violence?’ There’s a whole, wide world outside your safe space, Amanda, and you just helped me reach that world. Please, by all means, keep writing about me. The narrative is slipping out of your grasp, and the more you lead people to me, the faster your decline will happen. And that’s fine by me.
The only person I feel sorry for in this situation is Jen Oritz. I suspect she is about to, or is already, experiencing, the wrath of the coven, with snarling, harpies flooding her inbox, demanding to know why she met minimal journalism standards. I would not be at all surprised if Oritz takes a closer look at modern feminism, and modern feminists and decides to wash her hands of the whole crazy, shrieking pack.  Now that would be a real triumph.
One mind at a time. That’s how we progress. And of course, it doesn’t hurt to harness idiots like Marcotte to reach millions of minds. Thanks, sweetheart!
Keep up the good work!
Lots of love,
JB

Source



HoneyBadgers
  

No comments:

Post a Comment