5 Jun 2016

Mike Buchanan Debates Sexism With Two Feminists

By Mike Buchanan: One of the things that make the interview memorable for me was that I was told I'd be debating with a feminist, and would be informed of the person's identity in advance. This is always helpful, because I can then carry out a little research on the person, knowing that (s)he may do likewise with me. The person turned out to be a male feminist, and I wasn't informed of his identity in advance. He, however, was well informed about me.
The same happened with this interview, prompted by remarks by the actor Kit Harington, about 'anti-male sexism' - being 'objectified' when seeking new roles. It would have been useful to have been informed the feminist I'd be debating with was Talat Yaqoob, but I wasn't.
She runs this blog:
talatyaq.wordpress.com/
The strapline starts, 'Bringing you regular rage against the patriarchy...'. Yes, we're in delusional misandrous feminist territory again.
She runs Women 50:50
women5050.org
Another strapline is, 'The campaign for at least 50% representation of women in our Parliament, in our councils and on public boards'. '... at least...', you'll note. Nothing there about 'at least 50% representation of women' in bomb disposal work, sewage work, street cleaning, garbage collection, deep sea fishing, construction work...
Ms Yaqoob's steering group includes Emma Ritch, a Lying Feminist of the Month (June 2015):
j4mb.wordpress.com/lying-woman-of-the-month/


No comments:

Post a Comment