12 Jul 2017

The Project's Shameless False Portrayal Of "The Red Pill" Movie

Cassie Jaye: Here is what aired of my segment on the popular Australian TV show "The Project". My interview was heavily edited down. It was pre-recorded a few hours before airing and The Project cut out my responses to the lies about how the film was funded, why I care about women's issues, my background in making films focused on women's issues, my views on 'rape culture' and what the film would have pointed out if it included more on that topic, and the overall message and goal of my film, The Red Pill.

Beyond my interview being heavily edited down, I think what's most atrocious is The Project's video introduction before my interview starts. Van Badham's claims (that I didn't do my research and that my film is propaganda) are completed unfounded and make me believe she hadn't seen the movie before talking to The Project about it.

The video introduction's graphics also made it look like 2,732 MRAs funded my movie through kickstarter, which is a blatant lie. The Project asked me in my full (unedited) interview how the film was funded and I explained comprehensively how the movie was funded. I said that for the first 2.5 years, The Red Pill was funded by myself, my mother/producer Nena Jaye and my fiancé/cinematographer Evan Davies, 3 self-identifying feminists. We funded it ourselves because I was denied from every filmmaking grant I applied to, the angel investors that funded my previous films declined The Red Pill, and then I was offered a large sum of money from a feminist organization with the caveat that they would have creative control and I was unwilling to give up any creative control over my film. After 2.5 years of self-funding The Red Pill, I turned to Kickstarter as a last ditch effort to raise the additional funding I needed for post-production. My kickstarter backers had absolutely no say or stake in the movie. People from all walks of life contributed to the Kickstarter, including feminists: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/the...

I'm sickened by The Project's shameless false portrayal of my movie.

Here is a message from Producer of The Red Pill, Nena Jaye:
"When do we, the public, start holding the media accountable for misinformation, manufactured lies, and unfair tactics when presenting a story? The Project was unprofessional, untrustworthy, and willing to throw away the true story for a fabricated lie. When does the public start holding them accountable? It doesn't matter what side you're on, we should be demanding the media to present the facts, sharing the true story, not an agenda."

See The Red Pill for yourself: http://theredpillmovie.com/screenings...

There's a petition currently with 2,400 signatures urging The Project to release my full, unedited interview: https://www.change.org/p/the-project-...

No comments:

Post a Comment