4 Nov 2017

My Email To Daniel Storey

By Jordan Holbrook: Daniel Storey is the ‘journalist’ behind the smear piece in Football365 that attacked J4MB and ICMI ’18. His petty attack has rightfully received condemnation for what he wrote but, there was one comment made by Mr Storey that I had to pick up on. I have sent him an email on it and I have copied it below.
jay-cheshire_3460379b.png***
Dear Mr Storey,
My name is Jordan Holbrook and I am writing to you regarding your Football365 article titled “Questions for Birmingham over links to political party”.
But, before I offer my thoughts on your article, I would like to introduce you to someone, a young man named Jay Cheshire. This is him here:
Young Jay was your typical 17-year-old kid, he was in college, focussing on his education, and was described as ‘mature and well-liked’. He was a sixth form student at Bitterne Park School studying English Literature, Film Studies and Geography and hoped to become a history teacher or a writer.
He had a bright future ahead of him and, like most kids his age, he had a few troubles, one such trouble being he was suffering from depression. He was on antidepressants and had had a psychiatrist since the age of 13 but, in March 2015, his state of mind improved, leading to doctors to agree that CBT was not urgently needed any more. This was all changed when he was falsely accused of rape by a fellow student.
The allegation shook him to the core, as it would anybody. He became scared and vulnerable, he was absolutely distraught that such a thing had happened. His mood worsened, it was like his life was collapsing around him.
The investigation ended two weeks later when the alleged victim dropped the allegation but, it was too late, he had been publically accused of being a sex offender.
The stress and pressure of the accusation was too much for him and, a few weeks later, he was found hanging from a tree in a local park.
He was rushed to hospital and kept on life support but, it was too late. A few days later, his mother had to make a decision no parent should ever have to make: she had to switch of his life-support.
Jay Cheshire died on Sunday 05th July, 2015.
Central Hampshire senior coroner Grahame Short recorded a verdict of suicide and said he struggled to cope with the false accusations and the investigation.
A student who was described as ‘kind, funny and bright’ lost his life because of the weight of a false accusation of rape.
But, the story does not end there.
One year later, on the anniversary of his death, his mother too succumbed to the pressure. She could not cope with the burden of pain that had been left in her life. Having lost her son in such a horrible way proved too much for her and she lost her fight. She was found hanged in her house; the inquest heard she had been ‘profoundly affected’ by the loss of her son. This is her below:
karin-cheshire-000191236129.png
Every time someone talks about false allegations of rape, I think of Jay and Karin Cheshire. I think of the damage done to them, the destruction caused to their family, the pain they must have endured. I find it impossible to comprehend.
And so, when I read articles such as yours, that talk of false allegations of rape in such a flippant and derogatory manner as you did, I am ashamed to consider myself of the same genus as such persons.
Tell me, because I am truly bewildered, where is the sinister undertone you speak of? Is it in false accusations that kill or, is it in people who try to expose such evil?
I do not know why the unnamed student falsely accused Jay Cheshire. I do know why some people do it but, I do not know why it occurred to Jay. All I know is what happened after.
I cannot go back and undo what happened to Jay and Karin Cheshire, no-one can. I can only hope that people out there are willing to work to prevent further incidents such as this from occurring.
So, again, I have to ask you: Where is the sinister undertone?
Many thanks,
Jordan Holbrook





No comments:

Post a Comment