24 Feb 2018

Bristol Sound & Vision 2018

By Sophia Agathangelou: I'll update this with details and reviews later, but for now here are some photos of the event taken with my iPhone. Suffice it to say that only gear that scored over 7/10 was even considered worth photographing and so here are some highlights.
I was very impressed with the Meze headphones that from my short listen to 'War Pigs' and 'When Doves Cry' seemed well balanced and enjoyable and that I gave an unusually high 9/10 as they were so good for much less than £500 and I was decidedly unimpressed by the general lack of big good quality speakers at the show. As usual the excuses given by exhibitors for this sad state of affairs pointed to the fact that most men [who were the overwhelming majority of visitors to the event] are hen pecked and their wives and or partners, who apparently rule the roost, prioritise form over function. Thank goodness my dad isn't one of those, otherwise I may not have grown up to have such a great appreciation for music.


Well done Meze headphones.






















It's worth pointing out that many of the exhibitors complained about the poor acoustics of the usual venue for the Bristol event, the Marriott hotel.




















Click on images to enlarge

Please forgive our poor photographic skills and equipment,
we're all about the love of music.

Edited by AA



No comments:

Post a Comment