23 Feb 2019

Men’s Rights Music

By : Themes relevant to men’s rights sometimes appear in popular music. Sometimes these are positive themes, inline with our advocacy, but more often they are negative themes – precisely the problems that the men’s rights movement is talking about. Either way they comprise Men’s Rights Music. A few selected examples are presented here. This article is offered as a bit of fun and to get people thinking about the application of misandry in art.
All that she wants (is another baby)
Ace of Base
She leads a lonely life
She leads a lonely life
There’s always the cats.
She’s the hunter you’re the fox
The gentle voice that talks to you won’t talk forever
It is a night for passion
But the morning means goodbye
Beware of what is flashing in her eyes
She’s going to get you
What’s she after?
All that she wants is another baby.
She’s gone tomorrow boy.
Oh now we know!
She set out to get pregnant. Yet another man who did not consent to fatherhood. He’ll hear from her when it’s time to pay up.

Sk8er Boi

Avril Lavigine
He wanted her.
She’d never tell.
Secretly she wanted him as well.
Ok, there is a mutual attraction, although she won’t admit it.
And all of her friends stuck up their nose.
They had a problem with his baggy clothes.
Unfortunately he doesn’t meet her friend’s expectations so she rejects his advances. We know that girls are more influenced by peer pressure than boys.
He was a skater boy.
She said, “See ya later, boy.”
He wasn’t good enough for her.
Well this has nothing to do with her friends. She just felt he didn’t measure up. Was she really just shifting blame (hypoagency)?
Five years from now, she sits at home feeding the baby.
She’s all alone.
She’s a single mother now. She may have made some poor choices.
She turns on TV and guess who she sees?
Skater boy rockin’ up MTV.
She calls up her friends.
They already know.
And they’ve all got tickets to see his show.
She tags along,
Stands in the crowd,
Looks up at the man that she turned down.
Hypergamy backfiring bigtime.

Let’s Hear it for the Boy

Deniece Williams
We’re off to a good start with the title but it goes down hill after that…
My baby, he don’t talk sweet
He ain’t got much to say
But he loves me, loves me, loves me
I know that he loves me anyway
And maybe he don’t dress fine
But I don’t really mind
‘Cause every time he pulls me near
I just wanna cheer
Let’s hear it for the boy
Oh, let’s give the boy a hand
Let’s hear it for my baby
You know you gotta understand
Oh, maybe he’s no Romeo
But he’s my lovin’ one-man show
Oh, whoa, let’s hear it for the boy
My baby may not be rich
He’s watchin’ every dime
But he loves me, loves me, loves me
We always have a real good time
And maybe he sings off-key
But that’s alright by me, yeah
‘Cause what he does, he does so well
Makes me wanna yell
Most of the song involves the woman pointing out her boyfriend’s faults.
She seems to be ok with these many faults for now. One day she’ll walk and take the kids with her.

Bills

LunchMoney Lewis
I got bills I gotta pay
So I’m gon’ work, work, work every day
I got mouths I gotta feed,
So I’m gon’ make sure everybody eats
I got bills!
All these bills pile up my desk
They looking like a mount (Everest!)
All the little kids run around
I can hear their stomachs growl (grrr!)
It’s a full moon out
And my girl just keep on howlin’ (ooh, ooh)
She said she gonna leave me
If I don’t come home with fifty thousand (fifty thousand?)
This song could as easily be called The Disposable Male. Note the hypergamy in the last two lines.

Blurred Lines

Robin Thicke, T.I. and Pharrell Williams
This song enrages many feminists. That alone warrants its inclusion.
I know you want it
I know you want it
I know you want it
You’re a good girl
Can’t let it get past me
You’re far from plastic alright
Talk about getting blasted
I hate these blurred lines
I know you want it
I know you want it
I know you want it
But you’re a good girl
The way you grab me
Must wanna get nasty
Go ahead, get at me
Feminists asserted that it was misogynistic and encouraged rape culture.
It was banned at various University campuses around the world by the feminist fun police. Most people just thought it was a good song though as it hit number one in 20 countries.

Run the World (Girls)

Who run the world? Girls! [x4]
Who run this motha? Girls! [x4]
Who run the world? Girls! [x4]
So girls run the world while also being perpetual victims? Do I have that right? Sounds like you’re not running it very well, girls.

The Man

Aloe Blacc
A song about a man. What could go wrong with that? As it turns out, plenty.
I played my cards and I didn’t fold
Well it ain’t that hard when you got soul (this is my world)
His world?
I’m a soldier standing on my feet
No surrender and I won’t retreat (this is my world)
Stoicism.
There is nothing intrinsically wrong with stoicism. It’s been behind many of the greatest achievements by men. It’s when men are forced to be stoic that there is a problem. It’s high time society just let men be.
Aloc may as well have told men to get back on the plantation.

I’m Your Man

Leonard Cohen
Leonard has turned gynocentrism up to 11.
If you want a lover
I’ll do anything you ask me to
And if you want another kind of love
I’ll wear a mask for you
If you want a partner
Take my hand
Or if you want to strike me down in anger
Here I stand
I’m your man
If you want a boxer
I will step into the ring for you
And if you want a doctor
I’ll examine every inch of you
If you want a driver
Climb inside
Or if you want to take me for a ride
You know you can
I’m your man
We’re human beings Leonard, not human doings!

Father’s Day

Weddings Parties Anything
This song is probably not well known outside Australia but is well worth listening to. The song is about a man who gets to spend very little time with his son. He treasures every moment.
What of the darling wife that once I had?
Well I’m pleased to say that she still talks to me
But I try not to think of what went wrong
Because if I say that i was right
She might say that she was right
And the only rights I care about are visiting rights, yeah
On any other day
I might care what you say
But every Saturday is Father’s day
You might call it sad
You might call me mad
But I’ve got one who calls me Dad
Here the song makes it clear that his access to his son is entirely at the whim of the mother.

Conclusion

On and on it goes. Male disposability, gynocentrism and feminist ideology.
These songs are just a few examples that show that the problems facing men and boys are well established in the arts.
If the wanton misandry and disregard for men in those songs got anyone down, watching the Men’s Rights Movement the Motherfucking Opera should cheer them up.


All Lyrics taken from AZLyrics except for Father’s Day which were taken from Metro Lyrics.

The cover image depicts Leonard Cohen singing I’m Your Man.

Source






No comments:

Post a Comment