14 May 2022

Lao Sue

Lao Sue - by Caitlin Johnstone and Tony King - Performed By Beautifully Mad 2022
Bill Risby on piano Nina Vox on backing vocals Tony King on lead vocals and other instruments. Video created by Tony King.

Here are the lyrics Lao Sue (poem by Caitlin Johnstone) Well they met on Craigslist after decades of failure He moved out of his dad’s house and into her trailer He’d been a virgin for forty-nine years She had an eye patch and a heart full of tears They started laughing and loving, asking questions in turns She showed him her implants and cigarette burns He showed her the pills he took to silence the screams They started building a paradise out of old rusty dreams Come on take my hand, it ain’t too little too late I just thank god you’re here, that was a hell of a wait Now you with your nunchucks and I with my axe We will take on all comers, we will fight back to back He knew karate, she knew kung fu They were totally clueless, they knew just what to do Beating up bad guys and conjuring spells Weaving all kinds of heaven from the boneyards of hell One day she told him, "Get out while ya can, My demons are ugly, there's blood on my hands I been stretched out and ruined through decades of pain You’d best pack your bags now and be on your way” He told her “You’re beautiful just as you are Your body, your nightmares, your sins and your scars I know you know this ain’t no summer fling You might be missing some fingers but you can still wear my ring" Come on take my hand, it ain’t too little too late I just thank god you’re here, that was a hell of a wait Now you with your nunchucks and I with my axe We will take on all comers, we will fight back to back He knew karate, she knew kung fu He taught her nunchucks, she taught him to screw He found her a ring in an old raven's nest She showed him the cross on her pregnancy test Well summer cooled over and turned into spring He made tiny nunchucks out of rattles and string Baby came roaring out and they named her Lao Sue And he taught her karate, and she taught her kung fu Come on take my hand, it ain’t too little too late I just thank god you’re here, that was a hell of a wait Now you with your nunchucks and I with my axe We will take on all comers, we will fight back to back

No comments:

Post a Comment